MERCEDES-BENZ AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC PTY LTD: INTERNET SITE USAGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In consideration of you viewing this website, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd (“MBAuP”) respects privacy and personal information. Where MBAuP deals with your personal information, being an Australian company MBAuP is governed by and complies with the National Privacy Principles which are found in Schedule 3 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended from time to time).
MBAuP collects and uses your information to provide information relating to our products and services that is relevant to your interests.
Information Collection and Use
• MBAuP collects personal information on this website for purposes that are made clear on the page on which the information is collected, such as when you request to be sent information.
• MBAuP does not collect and process any personal information unless the information is considered necessary for the effective functioning or activities of our business.
• Generally, MBAuP only processes personal information for the purposes for which it was originally collected, unless required or authorised by or under law or if the individual concerned has consented to the intended use. MBAuP destroys or permanently de-identifies personal information that is no longer needed.
• MBAuP does not collect and/or process any personal or sensitive information against the expressed wishes of an individual, unless MBAuP is required by law to do so.
• You have the right to remain anonymous when entering into transactions with MBAuP, unless such anonymity would be considered unlawful or impracticable.
• MBAuP does not use or pass onto others any personal information without the consent of the individual(s) concerned unless required by law. Nevertheless, MBAuP’s third party service providers may occasionally have access to the personal information held by MBAuP under conditions of confidentiality.
• MBAuP takes steps to ensure that personal information is kept safe from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
• MBAuP will not transfer personal information to a foreign country unless such a transfer is allowed by law.
Website privacy practices
• MBAuP sometimes uses cookie technology on this site in order to provide information and services to website visitors. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes and are a necessary part of facilitating online transactions. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. Cookies are useful to estimate our number of users and determine overall traffic patterns through our website.
Other Information Uses and Disclosure
• MBAuP may use information relating to your visit to our website, or information you provide to us, for market research purposes in order to continually improve the product and service that MBAuP delivers to you.
• On occasions, MBAuP may form relationships with other organisations, designed to bring you special offers or competitions, relevant to your preferences. MBAuP only deals with parties that demonstrate the same level of commitment to your privacy as MBAuP does, and can assure complete compliance with all Australian privacy laws.
At all times, MBAuP strives to ensure your personal information is treated confidentially, and in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you believe your personal information has been handled in a way that does not comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), or if you wish to access information that MBAuP holds about you, please contact us. For security reasons, we require that requests for personal information are provided in writing. MBAuP will endeavour to provide you with this access unless MBAuP is required or authorised to refuse such access by the laws of Australia. All such enquiries should be directed to:
Chief Security Officer
Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd
Mulgrave Victoria 3170 Australia
The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files and their arrangement on this MBAuP website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection laws in Australia and other countries, including but not limited to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and through international treaties. Apart from any use that is permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) all rights are reserved. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other Internet sites. Some MBAuP sites also contain images that are subject to the copyright rights of third party providers.
This site includes registered trade marks, trade marks which are the subject of pending applications and trade marks which are otherwise protected by law. Unless otherwise indicated, all trade marks displayed on this MBAuP website are subject to the trade mark rights of specific companies within the Daimler Group. These include each of Daimler Group’s primary brands (Mercedes-Benz, smart, Sterling, Freightliner and Setra) and the model name plates, corporate logos and emblems of the Daimler Group.
Some of the product information, illustrations and images featured on this site are from overseas (such as, for example, from Europe or the USA) and reflect each vehicle’s performance and features under overseas conditions. Any such information, illustrations and images are indicative for guidance only. Refer to an authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer for current information.
Consequently, some of the information and/or accessories are not available in some countries or which; in order to satisfy local market demand or regulatory controls may only be available in different specifications or configurations.
If you are interested in any vehicle model, paint, option or accessory shown on this site and are unsure of its availability or specification in your locality, you should contact your local MBAuP office or a local authorised dealer for the relevant product or brand, including information of current details and options available in your locality.
All prices specified are recommended maximum retail prices, exclusive of all government charges and dealer delivery costs. Prices are current at the time of publication and are subject to change at any time and from time to time without notice.
No Warranties or Representations
The information that is contained on this site is for preliminary and general purposes only. MBAuP may at any time and from time to time at its full and complete discretion make any changes to the information that is contained in this site. This information is provided by MBAuP "as is" and to the extent permitted by law, is provided without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including (but not limited to) any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, or non-infringement. While the information provided is believed to be accurate, it may include errors or inaccuracies. As such, no reliance whatsoever should be placed on the information that is contained in this site as being accurate, complete and up to date.
MBAuP is not responsible for and will not accept responsibility for any cost, damage, expense or loss (whether direct or indirect) that is or may be incurred as a result of any possible error, misrepresentation and or omission that is, was, or may be contained in this site at any time and from time to time.
MBAuP has sought to achieve an innovative and informative site. We hope that you will be as enthusiastic as we are about this creative effort. However, you also need to understand that Daimler Group must protect its intellectual property, including its patents, trademarks and copyrights. Accordingly, you are hereby on notice that neither this site, nor any material contained therein shall in any way grant or be taken to grant any person a license to Daimler Group's intellectual property.
Links to Other Sites
This site may contain links to other Internet sites that are owned by third parties. These links are provided solely for your convenience and do not indicate either express or implied endorsement by MBAuP of the products or services that are provided by that Internet site. When accessing third party Internet sites and using those products and services you agree and undertake to do so at your own risk.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Australia Pty Ltd is the finance arm of the Australian branch of the Daimler Group. As such, this information must be read and is subject to the disclaimer which is contained on the Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Australia Pty Ltd Internet site (www.mercedes-benzfinancialservices.com.au).
Information contained in summaries of finance products is subject to change at any time without notice. This may include indicative interest rates, terms available, estimated payments and fees and charges.
If you are interested in any finance product, you should contact your local finance provider to obtain confirmation of current details.
The provision of finance is subject to the financier's usual credit approval processes. The details provided on this site are not intended, and shall not be construed, as an offer to provide finance on the terms stated.